Starting Price: £1,725.00Price excludes VAT
CILEx Family Proceedings Advocacy Skills
This five-day course focuses on ensuring that you can complete your advocacy qualification, to enable you to practice in the Family Court.
During the course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how to be an effective advocate in the Family Court. The course ensures that you gain a sound understanding of the rules of evidence, the Family Procedure Rules, drafting Skeleton Arguments and the purpose of Examination-in-Chief, Cross-Examination and Re-Examination.
The course covers applications under the Family Law Act 1996, as well as proceedings under the Child Arrangements Programme and financial remedy applications. Successful completion of the course requires you to undertake an oral Advocacy Skills assessment, together with an online Evidence, Procedure & Ethics assessment.
The course is designed for those looking to practice as advocates in the Family Court.
- Attendance will provide you with an introduction to the practices and procedures of the Family Court
- You will gain confidence in being able to undertake cases, in respect of an application for Child Arrangements Orders, Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
- You will feel supported in gaining an understanding of the essential skills required to represent children and families in the Family Court
- You will be given, and learn from, practical examples, provided by experienced practitioners.
- Legal/Knowledge Skills
- Advocacy Basic
- Understanding the Roles and Functions of the Family Court
- Skeleton Arguments
- Overview of the Family Procedure Rules
- Overview of the Child Arrangements Programme
- Children Act 1989 Principles
- A Walk Through Section 8 Applications
- Family Law Act 1996 Injunctions (Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders)
- Case Law Update
- Children and Families Act 2014.
You should have some knowledge of Family Law and how the Family Court operates.
Soft copy reading materials will be provided on an online portal prior to the course and these should be read thoroughly prior to attendance.
You should allocate time on the weekend following the five-day course in order to prepare for the online Evidence, Procedure & Ethics assessment on the following Monday.
CILEx Advocacy 2-day Practice Rights £975.00 (+vat) per delegate
CILEx Advocacy Proceedings 5-day (complete course) £1725.00 (+vat) per delegate
A1 Act honestly and with integrity, in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct;
A4 Draw on a sufficient detailed knowledge and understanding of their field(s) of work and role in order to practise effectively;
A5 Apply understanding, critical thinking and analysis to solve problems;
B1 Obtain relevant facts;
B2 Undertake legal research;
B4 Draft documents which are legally effective and accurately reflect the client’s instructions; and
B5 Undertake effective spoken and written advocacy.