Continuing Professional Development
As part of the Continuing Competence scheme from the SRA, Lawyers are required to reflect on their skills and learning needs and address the gaps with appropriate CPD activity.
At Altior, we provide a wide range of specialist courses to assist lawyers in meeting the SRA’s requirements for legal CPD. Our courses ensure that you develop and maintain competence appropriate to your professional responsibilities and personal career goals.
These courses are also suitable for those that have qualified via the SQE route and wish to enhance their skill set beyond the skills tested as part of the SQE assessments. These courses provide an excellent insight into the practice and professional development skills you will need upon qualification
Our legal continuing professional development (CPD) solutions involve a number of training methods that include tutor-led presentations, free-associated thinking, discussions, group work, case studies, role play/scenarios and practical exercises. Through the unique design of our CPD training for legal professionals, we offer a highly engaging and long-lasting learning experience. Our courses are available as both public and in-house deliveries and are delivered as a full-day live online course.
Below is a guide to help you structure, focus and address your learning and development needs.
- Reflect on your skills to identify any learning needs. You might want to refer to the competence statement when doing this. It's important to remember that the competence statement is generic and you will need to apply it to your particular practice.
- Plan how you will address and record your learning needs, identifying suitable learning activities and how you will carry them out.
- Address your learning needs with our skills based courses
- Evaluate how the learning activity has met the learning need you identified and how you can incorporate the new knowledge and skills into your firm.
- Record how you have carried out this process. The record demonstrates that you have taken steps to ensure your ongoing competence.