A practical and interactive course, designed to ensure that you can perform at consistently high levels of productivity and effectiveness. It achieves this by exploring personal responsibility in time management and equipping you with a range of tools and exercises you can easily implement in your workplace.
The first part of the course will focus on stress factors and how to manage them. The major part of the course will focus on time management, with a greater awareness of commercial efficiency and how you can improve your profitability.
This course is particularly beneficial for those looking to improve their time management practices and organise their working routines to reduce stress and increase performance.
- Improve time management and increase efficiency, output and profitability
- Eliminate the stress facts that interfere with an efficient working environment
- Better equip you to manage your work/life balance
- Help you to more easily meet your developmental and fee earning objectives
- Help you diagnose the challenges you face.
Live Online – 7 February 2022
Live Online – 11 April 2022
Live Online – 11 July 2022
Live Online – 23 September 2022
Live Online – 13 October 2022
- Knowledge Skills
This course is presented in a participate and interactive style through a blend of individual and small group exercises. There is plenty of room for active learning and experiencing the material through focused facilitation.
Several short preparatory exercises feed into the content, helping you derive maximum benefit from the session and better prepare you to participate in the group exercises.
- What causes stress and time pressure?
- Recognising stress and its consequences
- Strategies and exercises to manage stress
- Saying ‘no’ positively
- Why do we tend to be poor time managers?
- Eliminating procrastination
- Understanding time pressure
- Turbo charged time planners that really work
- Prioritisation models
- Decision making techniques to provide clarity
- Tools for continuous improvement of time management techniques
- The value of time
- Where time costing misses time and how to capture it
- Elimination of waste
- A business plan to improve profitability
- An action plan to better manage time and improve efficiency
None required, but your existing working practices will feed into the course discussions and group exercises.
The preparatory exercises will be used to promote discussion during the day, facilitating group exploration of the concepts being introduced and how they can be utilised in your workplace.
They also satisfy the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority’s requirement in relation to distance learning if you are taking advantage of this option.
Reflection on the skills learnt and implementation of a personal plan of action to identify areas of time management that can be improved and actions that will be taken to bring about these improvements.
A1 Act honestly and with integrity, in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct
A5 Apply understanding, critical thinking and analysis to solve problems
B1 Obtain relevant facts
B3 Develop and advise on relevant options, strategies and solutions
B7 Plan, manage and progress legal cases and transactions
C1 Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
C3 Establish and maintain effective and professional relations with other people
D1 Initiate, plan, prioritise and manage work activities and projects to ensure that they are completed effectively, on time and to an appropriate standard, both in relation to their own work and work that they lead or supervise
D3 Apply good business practice.