This course is specifically tailored to:
Newly qualified solicitors
- More experienced professionals who seek a refresher and update on their existing skill-set and wish to comply with the SRA Statement of Solicitor Competence.
The transition to becoming a fully qualified solicitor, responsible for your own case load, is not always easy – it’s the beginning of a great deal of hard work. By attending Managing Yourself, the first area in Altior’s Unique 3 step Management Programme, we will help you develop the critical skills needed to manage and succeed during this transition stage. In particular, after attending this course you will be able to:
- Manage your client matters with increased efficiency and confidence
- Understand and use improved communication skills with your work colleagues and clients
- Empathise better with differing personalities, outlooks and approaches
- Reduce conflict and its impact should it occur
- Improve your working relationship with those to whom you report.
TBC: Please contact us for future course dates
Two individual sessions: Managing your Workload & Managing your Communications that can be taken as separate stand alone topics.
Both sessions are delivered Live Online by our trainer through a Adobe Connect system involving group discussion, practical exercises and realistic case studies.
Session 1 – Managing your Workload
- Understanding efficiency
- The importance of planning and prioritising
- Tools and techniques for success
Some practical experience of running all or part of a client matter.
Following completion of this course, we encourage you to complete Altior’s Personal Development Plan (PDP). In line with the SRA’s guidance for continuing competence, our PDP helps you identify, plan, address, evaluate and record your learning and development needs and activities in relation to management skills.
A5 Apply understanding, critical thinking and analysis to solve problems
B1 Obtain relevant facts
B3 Develop and advise on relevant options, strategies and solutions
B7 Plan, manage and progress legal cases and transactions
C1 Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
C2 Establish and maintain effective and professional relations with clients
C3 Establish and maintain effective and professional relations with other people
D1 Initiate, plan, prioritise and manage work activities and projects to ensure that they are completed efficiently, on time and to an appropriate standard, both in relation to their own work and work that they lead or supervise
D3 Apply good business practice