In order to become a solicitor, there is no escaping the Professional Skills Course. As a mandatory part of the 2 year training contract or period of recognised training, in order to qualify as a solicitor, a number of core modules and 24 hours of electives have to be completed. The core modules are:
- Client Care and Professional Standards – 2 days face to face tuition
- Financial & Business Skills – 3 days face to face tuition including an exam
- Advocacy & Communication Skills – 3 days face to face tuition
Our electives cover a wide range of legal areas including Criminal, Private Client, Corporate, Employment, Commercial and Civil Litigation, as well as personal and professional development skills such as Negotiation, Interviewing and Commercial Awareness.
The Professional Skills Course is designed to teach the skills that will be utilised daily in the life of a lawyer, so it’s important that you or your staff have the best training possible.
Here at Altior we have been a Law Society and SRA accredited provider of the PSC from the very beginning. If that isn’t reason enough to book a course through us, here are some others.
Benefits for delegates
- Diverse range of electives to choose from – whatever type of firm you work for and whatever type of work you do, there will be courses that are suitable
- Course format is convenient and flexible and are focused on being practical, inclusive and relevant
- High quality trainers, all of whom have a background in legal practice or are currently in practice
- There are a number of city locations around the country to select from, all with great transport links
- Small teaching groups to ensure you get the attention and the results you need
- Online support if you need it
Benefits for employers
- Our PSC is exceptional value for money
- We can bespoke courses to suit your firm’s requirements
- Courses can be run in-house to minimise trainee time out of the office
- Exceptional pass rates – in 2014 we achieved a 99% pass rate for the Financial & Business Skills exam
- Excellent feedback – in 2014 we achieved a score of 99% positive feedback from our delegates across all courses