Key Self-Management Skills beyond the SRA Threshold Standard
Do you feel confident to run a client matter efficiently and effectively? Do you have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage and succeed in a dynamic, people and service-oriented working environment?
Managing Yourself builds on a number of skills learnt by a solicitor in the qualification process and takes those burgeoning skills to the next level. This one-day course will not only help develop your skill-set to take responsibility for handling client matters, but will also help foster your ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside the firm.
Managing Yourself is the first course in Kaplan Altior’s Unique 3 step Management Programme, which is specifically designed in three clear stages to extend your competence beyond the SRA Threshold Standard. It is a dynamic, interactive and hands-on course, which explores vital concepts with ‘just enough’ theory to underpin effective practice.
This course is specifically tailored to:
- More experienced professionals who seek a refresher and update on their existing skill-set and wish to comply with the SRA Statement of Solicitor Competence.
The transition to becoming a fully qualified solicitor, responsible for your own case load, is not always easy - it’s the beginning of a great deal of hard work. By attending Managing Yourself, the first course in Kaplan Altior’s Unique 3 step Management Programme, we will help you develop the critical skills needed to manage and succeed during this transition stage. In particular, after attending this course you will be able to:
- Manage your client matters with increased efficiency and confidence;
- Understand and use improved communication skills with your work colleagues and clients;
- Empathise better with differing personalities, outlooks and approaches;
- Reduce conflict and its impact should it occur; and
- Improve your working relationship with those to whom you report.